Register | Agenda| Exhibit

London 2020

Odessa May 21-22, 2021

Register by
February 24
and save EUR € 320!

It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 am

Dating Industry and Matchmaking Industry Forums

Business Message Board for the Dating, Online Personals, Social Dating, Mobile Dating, Dating Affiliate and Matchmaking Industry

All times are UTC

Bookmark This Topic   Delicious   Digg   Reddit   Furl   Facebook   Technorati

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:24 pm 
Apart from JDate, who do others consider to be the other major players in online Jewish dating?

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:43 pm 
Active-iDate-User

Hey - browsing through my competitor files, here is what I see:

ajewishdatingsite.com
jewishmatch.com
jewishfriendfinder.com
bigchurch.com

Not to mention we will be launching a jewish dating site within the months ahead. I don't have anything on the actual volume of these sites, they are all decent. JDate (owned by matchnet, plc) is certainly the major source for this niche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:25 pm 
Looking at some of those other Jewish sites, none seem to have as many members as JDate, so don't see how they make money.

So how do you BPFlorida intend to take some market share? Isn't it too late to enter the Jewish dating game?

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:12 am 
Active-iDate-User

Rob wrote:
Looking at some of those other Jewish sites, none seem to have as many members as JDate, so don't see how they make money.

So how do you BPFlorida intend to take some market share? Isn't it too late to enter the Jewish dating game?

Rob

You're right, JDate and it's versions located in Israel and other european countries is really a near monopolization. Rather than saying I certainly will have a jewish-nice dating site up, I should have said that it is a high consideration.

If we do choose to launch a site focused on the jewish (american and canadian) community, the differences we will have will largely be in the extra content included on the site. We want to include niche-relative content on our sites, and much of which will be created by users.

This is aimed at creating a larger sense of community on the site, which I personally think will be attractive to minority communities. We do also have some other general plans which will help all our sites, and will certainly be used here.

And, as stated earlier, this is assuming we do launch a jewish-niche site which is not a sure thing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:43 am 
http://www.jmerica.com

Jmerica is totally free

You don't have to pay us a single penny to use this site. You can create as many profiles as you like, comment on news posts, message other members, and post on groups without having to break out your credit card.

What is Jmerica?

Jmerica is a dynamic website that connects its members to a highly interactive Jewish community through original content, events, dating, friend finding, business networking and a comprehensive directory.

http://www.jmerica.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:24 pm 
so if it is free, how does it survive?

there is no such thing as a free lunch, not even with dating.

Post subject: Jewish Site
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:56 am 
Hi

I really dont believe that Jdate is the only dating site to look at there are many others.

www.yid.com - has been around just as long as Jdate has and is much cheaper and totally jewish.

there are also quite a few new sites like frumster etc that are growing rapidly and are very good at what they do.

thats my 2 cents worth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:17 pm 
but the others you mentioned don't make any money and have very little market share.

jdate is the leader.