It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Dating Industry and Matchmaking Industry Forums

Business Message Board for the Dating, Online Personals, Social Dating, Mobile Dating, Dating Affiliate and Matchmaking Industry

All times are UTC

Bookmark This Topic   Delicious   Digg   Reddit   Furl   Facebook   Technorati

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:26 am 
Active-iDate-User

Not to dog Userplane because I really respect what Michael Jones did especially in the beginning before the AOL buyout but we had to drop their solution a year and a half ago because of the cost factor. Startup dating sites just could not cover the cost of the $50 dollars a month for 10 concurrent connections. Just didn't make sense to them when they were spending all their money on advertising trying to get their site going. So, we developed our own inhouse live video chat and live video instant messenger. We bundled in our software and it came unbranded and without any banner ads or links back to us. That made sense to our clients.

More and more people are developing Flash based applications but the only problem is the cost factor in getting a Flash Media Server license. It's a hefty price for the software as well as getting someone to create your flash based apps. A good action scripter these days will cost you a pretty penny.

Now with regards to the new pricing structure, I still can't justify that as a startup solution for people because of the cost factor. These days people are just wanting free or extremely cheap solutions. Not unless they have some huge VC behind them and in that case, develop it yourself and inhouse.

Michael
Wazzum.com

Post subject: Userplane ist kaput
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:10 pm 
Active-iDate-User

Here's the full pricing...

Price Per Month Simul. Connections Est. Daily Visitors Max Transfer
FREE (Ad-Supported) 9 0-100 9GB
$130 10 0 - 5,000 15GB
$275 25 5,000 - 12,500 25GB
$475 50 12,500 - 25,000 50GB
$850 100 25,000 - 50,000 100GB
$1,625 250 50,000 - 100,000 250GB
$2,750 500 100,000 - 250,000 500GB

Here's a link to all the top news on Userplane in summary format on Online Personals Watch
http://www.onlinepersonalswatch.com/new ... ewatchcom/

In May I reported that AOL was going to pull the plug on Userplane. I had two trusted sources confirm this. Then Userplane attended iDate L.A. and officially refuted this. Then they offer up pricing of 100 concurrent users at $10k a year.

Userplane ist kaput.

USA 212-444-1636, UK 020-8133-1835

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:17 am 
Site Admin

I also noticed Userplane's pricing in my earlier Post.

Another interesting note: Shane Hall, who still last to my recollection was working at the company, and is on the company's voicemail is now at MySpace, according to his Linked in Profile. Michael Jones is also working at MySpace as well.

Is anyone able to get through to anyone at the firm? I have left messages, and there appears to be no operator.

Marc Lesnick
Conference Organizer
iDate 2010