Register | Agenda| Exhibit

Los Angeles 2017

London 2016

Register by
October 7
and save $670!

It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Dating Industry and Matchmaking Industry Forums

Business Message Board for the Dating, Online Personals, Social Dating, Mobile Dating, Dating Affiliate and Matchmaking Industry

All times are UTC

Bookmark This Topic   Delicious   Digg   Reddit   Furl   Facebook   Technorati

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:22 pm 
Active-iDate-User

We would like to introduce you the main speakers of The International iDate 2012 Conference.

In the posts below you will be able to find out the information about one of them, his activities and achievements and also you can ask your questions.

We are happy to introduce you the head of the “ Hot Topic Media ” - Chance Barnett .

Chance will speak about - Business Models for Matchmaking .

Some facts about Chance Barnett :

I’m deeply fascinated with technology, systems and human behavior/psychology. The area in which all these areas intersect is what I aim to spend my professional time thinking about and working on.

I consider myself a tech-savvy marketer who is happiest when I’m hands-on developing
product. I know enough about development to be dangerous and hack some code apart…
but not enough to build anything truly elegant or useful myself. I’ve come to see I’m best suited to envision and spec out detailed business and marketing systems as products that become much more than the sum of their parts. And to then oversee execution and create the communications and subtleties within that drive engagement and response.

Over the past 8+ years the products and online marketing I’ve created have driven over $45,000,000 in direct sales. I’ve created literally thousands of targeted advertisements and marketing communications seen by over 850 million users across email and display advertising, as well as syndicated articles and sales letters.

Online conversion through communication (ads, marketing, copy, product) was my sole focus for many years. The instant feedback and that comes from performance oriented marketing and advertising on such a large scale has been the ultimate learning tool to develop as an online entrepreneur and marketer.

Some of my most rewarding professional accomplishments have come as an author and speaker. Helping people and creating genuine change and transformation in their lives has a lasting positive effect on the one doing it, and it’s been a blessing that’s taught me and
forced me to grow more as a person than anything I’ve come across.

But I don’t like being pigeon-holed as just a writer or marketer…

I’ve had a 15 year fascinating with technology and systems and how humans interact with them. My focus since 2009 has been on entrepreneurship and developing internet
“products” that have intelligent marketing built into their technology DNA. In 2009 I founded
and led the development of gig.fm – a personalized concert alerts and recommendation platform to take the concert experience into the social world online – from discovery to sharing of experience.
Currently, I’m leading a small incubator in Malibu with a growing technology team. We’re launching 2 additional “products” in mid 2012 – one a Facebook social tool and another aimed at the local mobile space.

But where did I come from?

I was born in Dallas, TX but grew up in Pacific Palisades, CA. I attended the University of California at Santa Cruz where I surfed cold, dangerous waves in between developing my interests in Biology and completing my degree in Economics. Strangely, I’m fascinated with econometrics and regression analysis. Perhaps it’s the best window into understanding causality and getting some inkling of truth around human experience and response.
Anyways… while in Santa Cruz I was drawn over the hill to Silicon Valley and found my neck-bending passion for online communication and systems.

After a few proud business learning experiences (read as ultimately financially unsuccessful startups) and a few good jobs/experiences in the software world … in 2002 I set out to help build an online publishing business from the operational and technical side. This was the early stages of Hot Topic Media. This is where I met one of my early mentors in Psychology and Marketing Eben Pagan. Two years later, in partnership with Eben and that business, I founded a new business unit at Hot Topic Media targeting women consumers at
www.CatchHimAndKeepHim.com under my pen name Christian Carter.
www.ChristianCarter.com

From 2004 to 2008 I grew that business from scratch to over $8,000,000 in annual sales within 3 years. That company is still growing today. In the interim, I also identified and brought on 2 additional business units poised for similar multi-million dollar revenue
growth, and continue to coach writers, speakers and marketers today.

Over the last 3+ years I’ve been asked to be an Advisor or Board Member for a select group of smart people and earlier stage startups to help them find similar success online.

I love talking about new ideas with smart people. I’m becoming more fascinated with complex data puzzles, understanding data and finding actionable leverage areas, and architecting systems with the human and response element in mind. Even more, I like engaging with good people (thoughtful, lighter on the controlling side, authentic) who care to be great at what they do.