Los Angeles  Summer 2018

London 2018
Register | Agenda| Exhibit

Register by
December 15
and save $470!

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:58 am

Dating Industry and Matchmaking Industry Forums

Business Message Board for the Dating, Online Personals, Social Dating, Mobile Dating, Dating Affiliate and Matchmaking Industry

All times are UTC

Bookmark This Topic   Delicious   Digg   Reddit   Furl   Facebook   Technorati

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:51 am 
What will this process be for verifying members ID?
What technologies and companies are involved in the development of this service ?

bradfrance98@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:49 am 
ID Verification has several plusses and minuses.

In all, it allows the dating service to guarantee the identity of the individual. This is good in terms of the reputation of their service to customers.

However, the level of ID veriification can put someone off. For example. lawyers often use WestLaw.com, which gives pretty good background checks. You Car VIN # Drivers licensce, Run-ins with the law, home(s) you own (and their addresses), schools you went to and other public info is listed. Most of this info is not important, but it could scare off potential clients.

The topic will be discussed at the January iDate2005 event in Miami.

The 2 largest companies most active in the dating business are:

http://www.VerifiedPerson.com
http://www.Trufina.com

For other companies, be sure to check out their backgrounds. Some of them I guarantee will surprise you.

Hope that helps!! :-)

Marc Lesnick
Conference Organizer

Post subject: ID Theft
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:05 am 

This is something we are building into our secure email service as the last thing anybody wants is for member's identities to be stolen and used for phishing, spam or fraudulent purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:22 pm 
Great question, I believe that identity verification will be as common as seatbelts in cars in the next 12 months. Implementing a successful solution on your site has many variables. Intelius is the largest public record provider on the net - which is the core source for product's data requirements. We're sponsoring the Internet center at the conference, please feel free to stop by and we can give you a run through our services.

Ed Petersen
Intelius
www.intelius.com

Post subject: Member Verify Program
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:19 am 

This has been a hot topic of discussion as of late. We decided to implement our own Member Verify Program (www.memberverify.com) because it works seamlessly with our business model. Since our focus is on serving local markets online as well as offline with weekly events, we have certain events dedicated to being MemberVerify events and members can attend the event and get verified for free and earn a Verified status. They can then login to their computers in the privacy of their home and initiate a background check on themselves to attain a Verified Plus status. Making it a choice is a key to user acceptance.

We have launched the program in 3 Midwest markets and, to my surprise, our members have accepted it with open arms as we have received many compliments on the program.

It isn't the end-all-be-all for the online personals industry but it works well with our model. I am not convinced that a purely anonymous online verification process presents the security that the general singles population is looking for but I do agree that this issue needs to be addressed because of the negative perceptions that are growing in our industry due to false profiles amongst other issues.

Best,

www.memberverify.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:20 pm 

Well in my opinion doing background checks on members gives me a sense of safety... although it might have negative effects in beginning, i think it will pay off in the long run.. anyway, found a criminal background check information site that provides articles regarding this issue..