Register | Agenda| Exhibit

London 2020

Odessa May 21-22, 2021

Register by
February 24
and save EUR € 320!

It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Dating Industry and Matchmaking Industry Forums

Business Message Board for the Dating, Online Personals, Social Dating, Mobile Dating, Dating Affiliate and Matchmaking Industry

All times are UTC

Bookmark This Topic   Delicious   Digg   Reddit   Furl   Facebook   Technorati

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:19 am 

Hello Again,

How are most local and smaller Dating Sites that are considered start-ups are addressing the issue of starting out with no members? If I was looking to date and if I were to come across a website that was done nicely and offered great features but didn't have any memebers in it's first month or two of operation, I would probably not go back again or become member at all. I know some sites are dealing with this issue unethically by posting fake profiles but what do the "Honest" businessmen do?

Thanks,

Eman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:47 am 
Site Admin

Tough problem these days.

FREE membership is usually the thing, and build it up over time. Alot of money promoting the site via marketing is another way to go.

It is also better to start with a localized area, or a niche at this time.

Marc Lesnick
Conference Organizer
Internet Dating Conference
Social Networking Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:30 pm 

Hi Eman,

Here is another idea to build up a membership database, but you have to start local. You create a network of relations with offline social events organizers. These are nightclubs, restaurants, bars, etc., that tend to be at the same time places where dating and networking is practiced. You know, the kind of bars that are known in town as pickup nightclubs, which sometimes organize singles parties, or other planned activities close to dating. You build up a cluster of such places offering a divers range of services, and you propose them to be their associate on the Internet, offering not only publicity and crucial information for their events and services, but also a place where their customers post their profiles and search for other individuals that also visit these places on a regular bases. I believe this is the future of the dating industry, as well as the future of all other social networking systems. The virtual will be integrated with the real. Members of a specific online community tent to share similar interests, and tend to cluster in the real live. Online and offline communities will fuse in the future, offering their members a very rich experience and great support.

I have a new product, The Matchmaking Device System (Patent Pending), that will see the marker really soon, and that was designed to respond to this new trend. You can see it here, just search for A new and revolutionary social interaction device, on Online Dating and Social Networking Industry Forums Forum Index -> New Technologies

Tiberius Brastaviceanu (MS)
Product Developer (Palo Alto, California)

(650) 326-3403

Post subject: Here is one example
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:05 pm 

Here is a new site that offers something similar, but that is way to general. http://boston.heyletsgo.com/

(650) 326-3403