Enpocket is a global mobile media company that provides integrated entertainment and marketing services to build and retain mobile audiences. Enpocket’s mobile community and content applications empower leading operators, handset makers and media companies to achieve deeper consumer relationships and generate new revenues. Enpocket’s mobile marketing technology and campaign solutions enable clients to target brand messages and content, improving the effectiveness of marketing spend through the mobile medium.
Enpocket prides itself on optimizing end-user experience via an unparalleled understanding of mobile phone owners’ behavior. Enpocket provides compelling entertainment and marketing services to more than 50 operators and 400 brands across Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Enpocket clients include: Vodafone, Cingular, TIM, Sprint, Verizon, Orange, Telefonica, Singtel, Nokia, Motorola, Microsoft, Sony, BBC, Fox, Time Warner, Universal Pictures, Time Out, Match.com, Snapple, Levi’s, Hallmark, and Nike. Enpocket is headquartered in New York and has offices in Los Angeles, Boston, London, Helsinki, Reykjavik and Singapore. To learn more see www.enpocket.com
Enpocket is looking for a self-starting product manager/marketer with a strong track record of product management, ideally in the online/mobile media/marketing or communities sectors.
The role will lead the ongoing development of Enpocket’s products for the US.
As Product Manager, you will be charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with development to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
Our products are market leaders on a global basis in both the mobile marketing and communities’ spaces, and we have ambitious plans for their ongoing development. Mobile itself is a rapidly changing environment, and the European and Asian markets are especially exciting, with many consumers experimenting with advanced MMS, video and TV services. The combination of this rapidly evolving market place, and the fast development of our own services, make this a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced product manager/marketer who can excel among these challenging dynamics.
Enpocket strongly adheres to a customer centric view of product management.
• End to End management of product development and lifecycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
• Define the product, build the business case, then manage the implementation of the plan
• Maintain excellent relationships and knowledge of our customers use of our products – experience of collection and prioritization of customer requirements is more important that primary market research.
• Work alongside marketing to communicate the products to existing and future clients
• Degree educated
• Proven track record of 5 years+ in product management
• Technical background/experience is important
• Ability to demonstrate experience of driving a new product to market including both the conception of the idea to business development deal execution
• Ideally experience of product management for a digital marketing/communities environment Strong company and customer references
• Experience working in a high-growth organization with a minimal amount of management oversight or support staff
• Ability to write concise requirement documents and supporting documents
• Experience in wireless technology industry desirable (i.e. SMS, WAP, MMS, Java/BREW, etc)
• International experience is desirable