For an overview of payment processing see the post at Courtland Brooks analysis blog...
http://internetdating.typepad.com/court ... -paid.html
So You Want To Get Paid?
COURTLAND BROOKS - Oct 5 - Payment Processing companies charge from 2% to 15% of the sales price. And this doesn’t include setup fees, chargeback fees, and the cost of your time if the service is poor. So how can you get the best deal and the most services?
There are thousands of payment processing companies. Some specialize in the dating market, some do not. You need to interview a number of payment processing companies and ask the right questions. So what questions should you be asking? We’ve listed them here.
* Do they accept dating and/or adult sites?
* Will you qualify for a merchant account?
* Are They PCI Compliant?
* Does the Bank Pay You Directly?
* How many banks do they represent?
* Who owns the data?
* How much Customer Service assistance do you need?
* What method of payments do they accept?
* What currencies do they accept and settle in?
* What kind of risk management do they offer?
* Do they offer customized scrubbing?
* Can you set your own refund policies?
* What is their discount rate?
* What are their setup fees?
* When do you get paid?
If you want a greater understanding of how to get the best deal on a payment processing, Courtland Brooks offers a free report called, “So You Want to Get Paid.” You can download it here.
We're working on an update to the payment processors spreadsheet which lists an analysis of many of the payment processors being used by the idating industry.
Editor, Online Personals Watch
USA 212-444-1636, UK 020-8133-1835